Although many companies will claim that by using their product you can grow your hair thicker and longer, it’s actually a false claim. Products can only make your hair appear thicker and help retain your growing hair. The density of your hair is determined by genetics and diet. If you would like to make your hair appear thicker, use any of these 5 simple tricks:
1. Do not straighten your hair “bone straight”. Bone straight hair appears thinner, while gently pressed hair appears thicker. Press your roots straight, and then go easy on the rest of the hair shaft.
2. Dye your hair darker or add dark highlights. Darker hair always appears thicker than blonde or lighter shades of browns.
3. Roller set your hair. Hair that is roller set produces hair that is bouncier and has more body. This makes hair appear thicker.
4. Add layers to your hair. Hair that is all one length appears thinner than hair that is layered.
5. Volumizing shampoos and sprays. On this site, I am all about natural hair care products and using beauty products free of sulfates and alcohol based agents that dry out the hair. The best brands for this seem to be Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo, Ovation Cell Therapy products, and Pravana Sulfate-Free Volumizing Shampoo. I have not tried either of these products because my hair is thick by genetics, however reviews on these products show favorably.
These are just a few easy ways to make your hair look thicker. Have any other suggestions? Post them in the comments section below.